“Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.” ~Dinah Craik
Anniversary parties are annual celebration of the special day that united 2 people into wedlock. Wedding Anniversaries are special events as they commemorate the wonderful times spent together by the couple, and congratulate them on the storms they’ve survived. The celebration provides a chance for friends and relations to join in and show their love and support for the couple.
|Year of celebration
||Paper / Clock
||Wood / Silverware
||Tin / Diamond Jewelry
||Crystal / Watches
||China / Platinum
||Pearl / Diamond
||Yellow Roses / Violets
||White flowers of various different kinds,
each representing an year of togetherness
How to celebrate
Wedding Anniversaries are intended to be celebrated every year on the same Calendar Date when you got married. The scale of celebration may vary from a cozy romantic evening spent alone by the couple, or with immediate family, or may scale up to a lavish party invited friends and family.
The major anniversary milestones, like 5th Anniversary (Wooden), 10th Anniversary (Tin), 15th Anniversary (Crystal), 20th Anniversary (China), 25th Anniversary (Silver), 30th Anniversary (Pearl), 40th Anniversary (Ruby), 50th Anniversary (Golden), 60th Anniversary (Diamond) definitely are occasions that call for a gala celebration!
Steps to Get Started
- Plan a Budget for the Party. Use our Budget Estimator sheet for help.
- Prepare your Guest List
- Finalize a Date to celebrate
- Choose to celebrate on the day occasion is Or
- On a following weekend. Saturday nights, generally, ensure you get maximum attendance
- If not sure, conduct a Poll on the Date options to ask your guests which Date suits them best
- Book Venue, Caterer, Decorator, Entertainer, Equipment, Photographer, etc.
- Send out Invitations. Try to go Green and send e-Invitations via EventEve.com
- Plan your event sequentially. List down the flow of the event like
- when and how will the guests be welcomed,
- when will a slideshow be Run,
- when will garlands be exchanged,
- if specific songs have to be dedicated to the couple, by themselves, or by guests,
- if a dance has to be initiated by the couple, with everyone joining in, a pre-compiled Music Playlist or a DJ may come handy,
- if family and friends need to share a few anecdotes about the couple,
- when will the various courses of meals be served,
- when will return-gifts be taken out to handover, etc., etc.
- Shop for the event
- See if pickup and drop or reservations are required for some guests.
- Remind guests via email/SMS/phone call a few days before the event, with address and contact details
- Make family/friends responsible for the various tasks that need monitoring, and enjoy your Day!
Sample Wedding Anniversary Invitations and E-cards
p.s. Don’t forget to buy a nice gift for your beloved better-half !
Some Gift Ideas
More Party Checklists (printables, and more)
Wish you a very Happy Wedding Anniversary!
Continue to read >>